Sources of Conflict
Conflicts most often arise from varied perspectives. These varied perspectives come from-
- Varied knowledge (eg. casual observer versus researcher).
- Varied timeframe/snap shot (5 minute observation versus 5 year view versus 100 year view).
- Simplifying something complex.
- Emotional response versus objective response.
- Blaming/applying a generalized solution to a specific problem.
- Blame the firefighter-the one that attempts to solve a problem but fails.
- Discounting of a perspective due to arbitrary disqualification.
- Mechanical approach to problem that features emotion, tradition, loyalty and other intangibles.